Saturday, April 19, 2014

March!!!


March went by in a blur!

I never wrote anything because we are always doing the same thing....kids get up get ready for school, then Jada drives her motorbike in with Brandon, I go on the sup Board with Deborah for a couple hours, then sit and have a relaxing cup of coffee and a fresh bowl of fruit with Stewart.  We then just enjoy the beach, look for shells, and hang out with Deborah and Ross and their Condo complex, because they have the better pool, and when 5 pm comes around, we usually swim by our condo unit and then have a safety meeting with Bill and Evelyn.  
This is usually our day, and week.  

Jada and Brandon rarely go on the sup board, but one weekend I finally convinced them to hang out with me on the board.  Was all good until we flipped the board and my paddle went missing....turned out Jada had let it go, or should I say threw it like a harpoon, and it did not float, but instead sunk to the bottom.   Brandon ended up paddling my board back to shore, and retrieve our snorkel gear so we could try and find it.    Thank God Bill and Evelyn were watching and had some idea of where we might of lost the paddle.  Bill found it within 5 minutes of looking........i was very realived.....I had no idea my paddle did not float, I could not imagine myself without a paddle in places that Deborah and I go.   Lessoned learned, hang on to paddle at all times, and I put a foamy on the handle so it will sink a little slower.......hopefully.










Bill and Evelyn are getting ready to fly back to Calgary!  Our daily safety meetings will not be the same without them.  Actually, I think our safety meetings will turn out to be none existant......we hang out more in the bohios with them.......turns out I am right.......it is the middle of April right now, and we haven't been there since they were here.....Bill and Evelyn, you need to come back!!!!!!

Before heading back to Calgary, Bill and Evelyn, Ross and Deborah and their daughter Alyssa,  Stewart, Jada and myself went to this fabulous restaurant in Penonome, Brandon didn't go for he wasn't feeling well.   

At first I wasn't sure if I really wanted to eat where we were going, for we were heading into a really run down area.  this place is truly a diamond in the ruff!!!!!  Will definitely have to get Brandon to this restaurant.
 Jada and Alyssa

 The girls...Alyssa, Jada, Deborah, Karen, Evelyn


 The Boys, Stewart, Ross, and Bill



I am so glad to have made friends with these two wonderful people!!!  Bill and Evelyn, you have been missed everyday since you left.......Thank you for your kindness and all your help when Karen and Dave came to visit us!  See you when we get back to Calgary!!!!!!

Since I had bought my sup board....(stand up paddle), I wasn't sure what I would do with it when it was time for me to go.  So Bill gave me a key to his locked container in the condo complex we are in, to store my board there if I needed to.  Turns out I didn't need it after all, I ended up selling my board a few weeks later to another couple in this complex from Panama City.  She bought it for her daughter for her eighteenth birthday, but her daughter is going to school in Italy.  And they were kind enough to let me keep using it until I was ready to call it quits.  So with that, I don't have to worry about my board being a burden to Bill, and because I have their key to the lock up, They have no choice but to come and see us once we get home to Calgary.....looking forward to cooking them a wonderful meal in my own kitchen!!!!!


Next up for March.......

Brandon turned 15!!!!!!  March 22nd!  Because he was in school, and he didn't want a party, We bought him a birthday cake and brought it to school......he was very surprised, for he had no idea we were going to do this.   The kids loved the cake, and it was a great ending to their school day.

 Brandon's birthday Cake

 Happy 15th Birthday Kiddo!

 We Love you Brandon!



We never took Brandon out for supper until the next day.  So both kids went surfing again in El Palmer......the beach was a little bit busier than the last time we were there!  Didn't matter, kids had a lot of fun anyway.   And Brandon got to have a little "ass" candy, (as my brother had put it), in the water.   A young lady with her boyfriend was learning to surf in a thong of all things.......Jada was getting annoyed because she kept cutting in front of them, Brandon didn't complain as much, he maybe fell a little more from distraction.....maybe, if he had tunnel vision he was good.......he didn't have tunnel vision.

















So, after a day of surfing, we took Brandon out for supper at this Equestrian restaurant in Penonome.  The owners of this restaurant also own the restaurant we went to with Bill, Evelyn, Ross and Deb.
The food wasn't as good as the other restaurant and was more expensive, but, we all enjoyed the atmosphere, and this was our son's special day!   We had a great day!!  So for his birthday I found him a hand carved cane which looked like a snake.... Jada was very jealous, because snakes are her thing, not Brandon's......I think this made him like it even more.  As well, since Jada got a motorbike for her 15th, I handed my keys over to Brandon and said Happy birthday.....he looked at me and said, "SERIOUSLY"!!!!   I just smiled and said yup.   But, he can't ride it around here, he knows he has to wait until we get home to Calgary before he can drive it.  He can practice in our community.

 Jada, karen, Brandon, equestrian restaurant


 Jada and Brandon


 Brandon loved this rocking chair

 Karen, Brandon, Jada...loved this table

 Stewart, Brandon, Jada
entrance to the restaurant

 My wonderful Family!

Jada and Brandon had been practicing for a play for the month of March.  The high school students were putting on 7 short plays by Edgar Allen Poe, and they were going to perform them in an old theatre in Panama City.  They put in a lot of hours practicing, and they had two rehearsals in Panama City, one of them being a dress rehearsal.   The elementary Students supplied the snacks that were to be on sale, and my favourite was the popcorn balls.....i just found my ultimate weakness!

Jada and Brandon were the main characters in their play.  We had filmed it with my camera, but unfortunately the sound did not turn out so great, I will have to try and get copies from the teachers.
The play they were in was Dr. Tar and Mr. Feather.  they did a great job!!!!  They had a lot of lines to remember and I am so proud of them!   


Before I sign off of March, Stewart let Brandon practice on my motorbike.  Had him practice braking and balance. So what Stew would do was push Brandon around in the Parking lot, let go of the bike so Brandon could feel the weight of it, Steer to where he wanted to go and have him Brake.   This way, no engine was used, no accidental throttle thrusting, which would then cause him to smash into a car.  If he did smash into a car, it was because he looked at the car, you steer where you look, and Stewart would have proceeded to push him into the car......if the car got really damaged, Stewart is stronger than he looks!!!!!   Seriously though, we made sure the parking lot was pretty well empty, and with manual power, you won't be going that fast.  All went well.




later.....

No comments:

Post a Comment